CodeIgniter Announces an Interim Council
Elislab wanted to focus their development into the product that actually made them money. Nothing wrong about that. They started to look for a someone to take care of Codeigniter. The community started to panic. Months have passed and finally codeigniter has a new home.
The British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) in Vancouver, Canada is a highly regarded applied technology institute with 48,000 full and part-time students. Their impressive BCIT School of Computing and Academic Studies teaches CodeIgniter to 150 students a year. Now, they are its stewards.
This was a great announcement in my opinion. As soon as they started to move their stuff into the new repo, and even get a new website everyone got excited again. Things are starting to move again.
The CodeIgniter project has an interim council, to oversee the release of CodeIgniter 3 and to steer the framework to the next level.
- Andreas Pfotenhauer - Although I never met him in real life I think of him as a wise friend from the #codeigniter freenode channel.
- Andrey Andreev - Our codeigniter hero, keep going buddy
- Ben Edmunds - I've been using his code for years, he's a great addition to the project
- David Wosnitza - Long term Codeigniter user and abuser like myself
- Jim Parry - He's the one in charge now, good luck to you
- Lonnie Ezell - Another great addition to the project
I’m happy that Pfotenhauer, Andrey, David, and Ben are on this. All stand up guys that have done a lot for the framework over the years either helping with the development or just helping or advising others on IRC.