For the last 4 years or so I've been using sublime text 2. I bought the license, therefore I saw no point in upgrading. Until today, when I found out that I could use my ST2 license on ST3 (beta). Today was configuration day and I re-configured editor or choice.
For quite a while I must admit I been using this method to sync my files. This has been problematic, files not really syncing in real time can be a pain in the ass, sepecially when you're making changes on front-end and want to see those changes on the fly.
So, do yourself a favor and change to rsync. To do so, you just need to edit your vagrant file for something like this:
config.vm.synced_folder "./", "/vagrant", type: "rsync", rsync__exclude: ".git/"
This way you're using rsync and you're excluding your git folder. You can add other folder there. Now, when you start your vagrant box you have to do this:
$ vagrant up $ vagrant rsync-auto
And your files will be synced automatically.
Last week I was contacted by some really old client. You know, the kind of client that you think that they don't even have the app you made for them online anymore.
Turns out, they do have such app online, and they wanted me to change some minor things in it. But obviously I couldn't do it directly in production. I needed to create a local environment that would mimic the one the client had.
I just did a fresh install of vagrant and built it using the online tool from PuPHPet. Had everything ready but I wasn't able to connect to my mysql server.