Last week I was contacted by some really old client. You know, the kind of client that you think that they don't even have the app you made for them online anymore.
Turns out, they do have such app online, and they wanted me to change some minor things in it. But obviously I couldn't do it directly in production. I needed to create a local environment that would mimic the one the client had.
I just did a fresh install of vagrant and built it using the online tool from PuPHPet. Had everything ready but I wasn't able to connect to my mysql server.
As you may or may not know, I started to really use vagrant lately. The installation process to get a PHP development environment is quite easy. However, there was a few moment were I run into a small issues. Most of them happened just because my mind was still programmed to work with a simple Lamp stack.
One of the issues that made me lose 20 minutes or so was connecting SequelPro to the database. Sure I installed PHPmyAdmin but I wanted to use my own database management app.